Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Getting It All Done....

Today was my first official day of summer vacation! I spent the day doing a delayed spring cleaning. I think if my house is clean and in order, then I can get on with my summer plans stress free!! I have a mile long to-do list for summer. This includes places to visit, activities to do with little man, projects to complete, and vacations to take. However, I always have this list and so little of it actually get accomplished. And little man starts getting bored. So how can I complete this list AND keep little man active? Themed Days of Summer is how I am going to do it. Here is how is will work (I hope)....
Make It Monday---each Monday I will do an arts and craft project with little man. I will also begin a craft or project for myself that I would like to mark off my list. This will also include making a new recipe.
Take a Trip Tuesday---Tuesdays will be devoted to making an outing. This could be to the park, library, ice cream shop, zoo, whatever fits into our interest and budget.
Work On It Wednesday-Wednesday will be used to catch up on any house work or yard work that might need to get done. This may also include school work for me towards the end of summer. On this day, little man will also help with work. But if he becomes a little too "helpful" this is a great day for him to catch up on some of the TV and Computer games I am going to limit this summer while I am working. After all, he needs a days to himself too.
Think About It Thursday---Think about something you wanted to do this week, but never got around to it. Do it today!!!!
Friendly Friday-- Little man invites a friend over to play on Friday!
I look forward to starting out summer schedule and seeing if I get more accomplished this summer than in summers past, including meaningful Quality Time with little man.

7 comments:

  1. Sounds good! I am going to steal your ideas for Monday - Thursday! I have 4 kiddos so I don't feel the need for any friends to come over lol! These are great ideas for making sure that summer vacation doesn't get wasted!

    Jennifer @ Herding Kats In Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you have your summer organized. I think I may need to borrow that schedule!! Yay for summer vacation! :)

    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  3. April McElroy / chrisapril0418@aol.comJune 21, 2012 at 3:36 PM

    Where did you find your drop spot bucket? I love that it has the hanger part on the back

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your drop box bucket! I gave you a shout-out for the inspiration on my new blog!

    www.msgingrade3.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you ladies. I got the drop box bucket at Hobby Lobby.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the idea of sectioning the week up into different activities via days. I think I might actually apply one in my own house. Maybe that is the secret to getting long to do lists done or closer to done than normal.

    Catherine - Online PhD UK Programs

    ReplyDelete

Giving Credit

"Teachers make great thieves"...ever heard that quote? It is a very true! Most of our great ideas are "stolen" from someone else. Not all ideas on this blog are mine. I try to give credit where credit is due. However, if you find that an idea should have been given credit but wasn't, please let me know.
Powered by Blogger.