Sunday, February 5, 2012

Icky Sticky Bubble Gum Day

I am sure you all have see the HOW TO BLOW A BUBBLE WRITING PROJECT and the WHO CAN BLOW A BUBBLE GRAPH all over pinterest and blog world just like I have. I am not sure who the original author of this super cute activity is, but I LOVE IT!!!

I wanted to share the additional activities my class did with our Bubble Gum Day! First we read:

Bubble Gum, Bubble Gum
GET YOUR COPY HERE ON AMAZON!

This book is great! It has great rhythm and rhyme to its words. It is about animals that get stuck in sticky bubble gum that has been left in the road. The only way to escape an oncoming truck is to chew, chew, chew, and blow a bubble large enough to float away on. Eventually the bubble pops and they all come back to the ground. The end of the book is the story happening all over again as a different animal comes by after the gum is back in the road. The ending can lead the kids to creating their own version of the story.

In addition to seeing who could blow bubbles in our class and graphing it like the activity above, we also stretched our gum as long as we could without breaking it and MEASURED it! Take a look!




My student teacher also did this super cute gumball machine craftivity in which the students put a singular word and its plural on the same color gumball.
My student teacher came up with this activity with a little help from some friends, but a few short days later we found a very similar craftivity from STEP INTO SECOND GRADE, which includes great gumball machine patterns and ideas for using the craft.
I hope you get to have an ICKY STICKY BUBBLE GUM DAY soon!!!

1 comment:

Giving Credit

"Teachers make great thieves"...ever heard that quote? It is a very true! Most of our great ideas are "stolen" from someone else. Not all ideas on this blog are mine. I try to give credit where credit is due. However, if you find that an idea should have been given credit but wasn't, please let me know.
Powered by Blogger.