Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Pizza Party FREEBIE

My class is finishing up our Pizza Party Unit this week!! We have had so much fun using a pizza theme in math (data, fractions, money) writing, and science. The kids got to make their own pizzas on Friday, they had so much fun! This week, they are writing persuasive letters to our principal, taking a stand on if he/she believes it is or is not a good idea for the principal to order all the second grade teachers a pizza for lunch next week. All of my kids thought it was a good idea, but one did not. Hummm....I wonder if my principal will be persuaded by the majority of my class or not?
When brainstorming "good idea" vs. "bad idea" reasons, the kids gave great thought!! Here are a few of my favorite...all thought of by students.
Good idea:
*Teachers need a break.
*Teachers have to spend their own money on the students.
*Teachers word hard and stand up all day.
Bad idea:
*It is a waste of money.
*The teachers don;t have time to eat lunch........(my thought: THAT'S FOR SURE!)

You can get your own copy of my Pizza Party unit by going to my TpT store or Teacher's Notebook .
As a gift to my followers, I have offered you a FREEBIE from the unit.


7 comments:

  1. Looks awesome,delicious, and fun! Teachers should get longer lunches! Your kids sure our smart cookies!
    Rambling About Reading

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! So cute! Thanks for the freebie, I can't wait to use it :)

    Lisa :) (new follower)
    Made In The Shade In Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the freebie, I am your newest follower.
    Barbara
    happyteachingfirst.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tagging you too! You've been tagged! Love your blog! http://our-cool-school.blogspot.com/2012/01/ive-been-tagged.html

    ReplyDelete

Giving Credit

"Teachers make great thieves"...ever heard that quote? It is a very true! Most of our great ideas are "stolen" from someone else. Not all ideas on this blog are mine. I try to give credit where credit is due. However, if you find that an idea should have been given credit but wasn't, please let me know.
Powered by Blogger.