Monday, January 23, 2012

The Mitten Craftivity: Teaching Possessives and Plurals

We read the book The Mitten  by Jan Brett today. After reading the book, we revisited the difference between possessive nouns and plural nouns. The we created these mittens to practice writing possessive nouns versus plural nouns. Each student placed their name with an apostrophe s (possessive) on one mitten and the word mittens (plural) on the other. For Example: John's mittens. I wish I could offer you the pattern for these gloves, but I used the die cuts at my school.


2 comments:

  1. These are very cute! Great Idea!!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh...perfect! We are doing possessives this week! =)
    JEnnifer
    http://misskindergartenlove.blogspot.com/2012/01/february-goodies-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete

Giving Credit

"Teachers make great thieves"...ever heard that quote? It is a very true! Most of our great ideas are "stolen" from someone else. Not all ideas on this blog are mine. I try to give credit where credit is due. However, if you find that an idea should have been given credit but wasn't, please let me know.
Powered by Blogger.