Monday, December 12, 2011

Pictures of What Fellow Bloggers Inspired

A big shout out to my fellow bloggers!! Thanks to you, I have not had to plan and create many of my lessons the past couple of weeks. I have used what many of you have shared in your blogs. I have posted a few pictures to share. Hopefully other bloggers can use some of these activities now or next Christmas....thanks again!
The wall outside my classroom....full of writing activities, crafts, and math straight from some of your units!



We did a week long study of How The Grinch Stole Christmas, inspired by Deanna Jump's Grinch Unit.

My Shape Reindeer craft and math lesson was inspired by Tales of a Teacherista's Wild Christmas Reindeer Unit
Synonyms Make Our Writing Merry & Bright! This activity was stolen from one of my co-workers last year. So cute!



Tomorrow we will begin two days of Christmas in Russia. My class studies Christmas in Russia because we do an author study on Patricia Pollaco during November and December. She brings in alot of her Russian heritage and culture into her books. You can download your FREE Christmas in Russia unit by clicking  HERE.
Then, finally, Thursday arrives!!!! It is our last day before Winter Break. I look forward to our Polar Express Pajama Party with a hot coco bar set up and yummy powder donuts!!


6 comments:

  1. I love it all but especially the synonym lights since they are new to me! I'm doing those this week.
    2B Honey Bunch

    ReplyDelete
  2. The synonym lights are cute! I think I may adapt for antonyms. Thanks for the idea.
    Jenn
    FInally in First

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great projects!!! What a great way to integrate the holidays into the curriculum!

    Happy Holidays!

    ❤ Mor Zrihen ❤
    A Teacher's Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  4. Found you on pinterest! blogged about it:) Check it out!

    www.missthirdgrade.com thanks for sharing such cute holiday ideas!!

    ReplyDelete

Giving Credit

"Teachers make great thieves"...ever heard that quote? It is a very true! Most of our great ideas are "stolen" from someone else. Not all ideas on this blog are mine. I try to give credit where credit is due. However, if you find that an idea should have been given credit but wasn't, please let me know.
Powered by Blogger.