Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Pumpkin Pie Activities with a Freebie

I wish I had posted this earlier, but I can't seem to find the time to breathe! Finally, we are out of school for Thanksgiving, so I have a little time to catch up on all my blogging! This year, our second grade classes did not do a traditional Thanksgiving Feast in our classrooms. Instead we had Thanksgiving Dessert Day. I actually really enjoyed doing this. It was a lot less stressful than hosting a feast and the kids loved it. I mean, after all, they got to eat lots of DESSERTS!!! Besides, they have been having classroom feasts since they were in kindergarten, so this was something new and exciting for them.
I chose to have the theme of the day PUMPKIN PIE DAY. We had other desserts to enjoy, but we focused on the Pumpkin Pie.
Here is a FREE COPY of a Pumpkin Pie Recipe  Prediction. After the students predicted how to make pumpkin pie, we watched this online video on how to really make a pumpkin pie: PUMPKIN PIE KIDS COOKING VIDEO

In addition to the Pumpkin Pie Recipe Prediction, the students completed a graph on who likes/does not like pumpkin pie and pumpkin pie fractions. Your can get these actvities by clicking HERE

We also completed these fun activites that I have on Pinterest with links to the blogs who created them: Old Lady Who Swallowed A Pie activities, Spookly the Square Pumpkin activities, Pumpkin Pie Measurement

2 comments:

  1. Our class is going into measuring angles. I wanted to use a pie to help solidify the concept. I'll take some pics and see how it goes. If it goes well I'll have it on the blog in a week or two. If not the kids will just have it in their tummies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to stop by and share my new GIVEAWAY with you :)
    You can WIN a $20 Gift Card for Amazon and shop till you drop :)

    Come by & enter to WIN!
    http://www.ateacherstreasure.com/2011/11/treasured-giveaway-20-amazon-gift-card.html

    Happy Holidays!

    ❤ Mor Zrihen ❤
    A Teacher's Treasure

    ReplyDelete

Giving Credit

"Teachers make great thieves"...ever heard that quote? It is a very true! Most of our great ideas are "stolen" from someone else. Not all ideas on this blog are mine. I try to give credit where credit is due. However, if you find that an idea should have been given credit but wasn't, please let me know.
Powered by Blogger.