Thursday, September 22, 2011

Enchanting Words---A FREEBIE

My FAVORITE time of the school year has just begun!!!!!! Not only is this time of the year the start of the fun activities involved with Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas, but it is also the time of year that my second grade team teaches FAIRY TALES!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE it!! But we can't forget about the other state standards that we must teach, such as reading words with diagraphs, diphthongs, blends, r-control vowels, and silent letters. So, to incorporate those reading skills with our Fairy Tale unit, I created ENCHANTING WORDS chart.....check it out....it's free...just click HERE.


2 comments:

  1. Love your blog and just awarded you the Versatile Blogger award. Check it out here!
    http://firstgradeowls.blogspot.com/2011/09/are-you-versatile.html

    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing! I am doing a fairy tale unit later in the year. I'm interested to see how you do it! Would you mind sharing your general outline?

    ReplyDelete

Giving Credit

"Teachers make great thieves"...ever heard that quote? It is a very true! Most of our great ideas are "stolen" from someone else. Not all ideas on this blog are mine. I try to give credit where credit is due. However, if you find that an idea should have been given credit but wasn't, please let me know.
Powered by Blogger.