Monday, August 1, 2011

That's my alarm?

That is how my morning started....me asking myself...is that MY alarm?? See, all summer I have heard the alarm ring at 5:30 AM for my husband to get up for work, but I have trained my body to sleep right through it. I don't even hear it any more really. And today was no different----I ignored it, didn't hear it. It wasn't until my husband finally asked "ARE YOU GETTING UP?" that I realized the alarm was set for me too!! Yes, my 5:30 AM's started today with my first day of preplanning. It was VERY hard to get up this morning, especially because we just got a new tempur-pedic matress on Friday that makes we want to stay in bed all day!! NEVER buy a new matress two days before school starts!

Preplanning went wonderfully, with the exception that I got very little accomplished!! It was meeting after meeting, but most were meetings that needed to take place. We have a brand new administrative staff with lots of new and wonderful changes. It was neccessary to meet to discuss and understand these changes. I just wished we hadn't been furloughed a preplanning day because that extra day could have been used for all the meetings. Oh well, it is what it is. And I am SUPER DUPER excited about this year for many reasons!

This summer, I have LOVED blogging almost every day. But with school starting, I worry I will not have as much time in a day as I need. I'm making a pact with myself to blog at least once a week and try to make it something that the followers who are teachers can use in their classroom and/or my mom followers can use at home. But sometimes I may just ramble like I am tonight.......
Happy New Year (school year, that is!)

6 comments:

  1. I feel the same....meetings, then my laptop wouldn't work at all so I couldn't access stuff I needed to work....changes,....like you said, it is what it is..I am super excited though to use all the new stuff I've learned/bought/won/downloaded in my classroom this year:))

    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! I'm soooo dreading that darn alarm! I haven't worked in 5 months (bad accident). It's going to be tough! LOL'ed at your new mattress comment! Too funny! Hope all your changes and new year run smoothly!
    Cyndy
    Counting with Coffee

    ReplyDelete
  3. I literally laughed several times and it started with the title!


    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha.. Happy new year! Hope all goes well and that you have a fantastic beginning of the school year!

    I am new to blogging, come check out my site!
    lifeofakinderteacher.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have also trained myself to ignore my husband's alarm. It's going to be really hard to start getting up early next week. I agree with being worried about time to blog. Once a week is a good goal--and make it count. Some of the posts I've read this summer have been so pointless. They tend to be about a TpT item for sale or a blog giveaway. I'm hoping to see some amazing ideas once school starts back.
    http://justaddclipart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think we all have that "ignoring the alarm" thing down pat. Hope you have a great year!

    PrekMomDotCom

    ReplyDelete

Giving Credit

"Teachers make great thieves"...ever heard that quote? It is a very true! Most of our great ideas are "stolen" from someone else. Not all ideas on this blog are mine. I try to give credit where credit is due. However, if you find that an idea should have been given credit but wasn't, please let me know.
Powered by Blogger.