Sunday, August 7, 2011

It's my day off.....staying focused on family

Every year, I say this is the year that I will not think about school on the weekends, holidays, evenings, etc. This is "my" time and my "family" time. This year, I am trying harder than ever to committ to this goal. Yet, here it is, Sunday afternoon and I'm thinking about school. I had a wonderful morning at church. Little man participated in the "Blessing of Bookbags" that is done for school children. We went out for lunch and then to Target to buy him a lunch box for school. This afternoon, I plan to get everything ready for our big week coming up....Little Man starts school next week and it will be my first full week with kids (my kids started this past Thursday). But still, I find my thoughts drifting toward things I need to do in my classroom. I like to think I do this because I love my job so much. But I love my family more. If you find yourself doing this as well,  please take a moment to read the blog post of a co-worker and friend about a very scary moment she had the day before school started for us. Her blog is Choosing Life.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting and for directing me to your friend's blog Choosing Life.
    Rambling About Reading

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had this issue on my mind a lot lately. It's so difficult being the very best teacher, wife, and mother you can be. I also work hard to leave work at work, but every year it takes some adjusting. Your friend's story was very inspiring. I'm so glad her husband is on the mend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for posting! So glad your friend's husband and daughter are alright.

    ReplyDelete

Giving Credit

"Teachers make great thieves"...ever heard that quote? It is a very true! Most of our great ideas are "stolen" from someone else. Not all ideas on this blog are mine. I try to give credit where credit is due. However, if you find that an idea should have been given credit but wasn't, please let me know.
Powered by Blogger.