Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Fashionable Duct Tape Makes Cute Classroom Decor.....

Who knew, right??!! I always dread putting border on my classroom door. I always get burned my dripping hot glue. I always put it on crooked. My kids always end up tearing it by the end of the first six weeks. My solution occurred to me as I was browsing through Target....you know, one of those trip where I don't have anything in mind to buy, but know there is something there that I need....found it! Cute Polka Dot duck tape! What could I use polka dot duct tape for????? BORDER for my door!!! Took 5 minutes to put on. IT went on straight. No hot glue burns. And kids can't tear it (oh who am I kidding, we all have that *one* that can destroy anything). Check out the picture of my duck tape border below. My door still needs more decor, but wanted to show you.

PS--if you don;t like polka dots, that's OK. There are LOTS of patterns/colors of duct tape these days



.

14 comments:

  1. Do you think it will come off easily, I LOVE IT! but am worried that it will not come off easily at the end of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's just like regular duct tape so yes it will come off easily! I just bought some in this same color sans polka dots. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It should come off easily. I would be careful about putting it on painted walls though as it may peel the paint.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a good idea! I hate putting up bulletin boards with a passion. Maybe I wil try that all my walls or boards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it too! I bought some zebra print from Walmart! So far I have used it as border on some posters. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great idea! Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just bought the blue polka dot duct tape too!! I am going to cover some hand-me-down cardboard mailboxes with it :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. very nice! when you have some version of white walls, you just need a color to frame work! Hot glue doesn't hold too well in my room, so this is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a GREAT idea!! Thanks so much for sharing... now to go in search of Duct tape!!
    Karen :o)
    Mrs. Stamp's Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG who would have thought - Duct tape. Definitely going to get some tomorrow. I need polka dot border for my calendar area. Luv it!

    PrekMomDotCom

    ReplyDelete
  11. Genius!!! And who in their right mind wouldn't like polka dots?!?!

    Hadar ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. The tape may leave some residue on the door, but a quick wipe with "Goo Gone" will remove the sticy residue. HTH

    ReplyDelete

Giving Credit

"Teachers make great thieves"...ever heard that quote? It is a very true! Most of our great ideas are "stolen" from someone else. Not all ideas on this blog are mine. I try to give credit where credit is due. However, if you find that an idea should have been given credit but wasn't, please let me know.
Powered by Blogger.