Monday, July 11, 2011
Salt Art in a Jar
1. Gather 3 bowls. Put salt in each bowl.
2. In each bowl of salt, add 2 drops of food coloring, a different color for each bowl. **WARNING** food coloring stains clothes
3. Mix the salt and food coloring until the salt turns the color you want.
4. Using a kitchen funnel, layer the salt into a jar (I used a Mason jar).
5. Push a wooden skewer along the sides of the jar so that the top layer of salt mixes along the sides of the second layer of salt and so on. Continue this until you have a design you like.
I'll post soon how we used these as decorations for my son's birthday party!
"Teachers make great thieves"...ever heard that quote? It is a very true! Most of our great ideas are "stolen" from someone else. Not all ideas on this blog are mine. I try to give credit where credit is due. However, if you find that an idea should have been given credit but wasn't, please let me know.
Powered by Blogger.