Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Glow in the Dark Jar---DIY

Oh my goodness, the many ways I could use this EASY and CHEAP project!! It can be "fireflies in a jar", a night light, a lantern on a picnic table, line a walkway during a party. So many possibilities!!!
I first saw this on PINTEREST and knew I had to try it with my 5 yr old!!
DIRECTIONS:
1. Cut a glow stick and shake the contents into a jar.
2. Seal the top with a lid.
3. Shake.
I found glow sticks at the Dollar Tree.  I used a mason jar that I had left over from the Salt Art in a Jar project. For more information on that project, click HERE.
Click HERE to join a pinterest linky party!!
**WARNINGS AND TIPS: Be sure to read the warning on the back of the glowstick package. The ones I used were nontoxic but will stain clothes. Also, I used glowstick necklaces with the though that it would be easier to cut than a thick glow stick.**

4 comments:

  1. That is great! What a fun idea. Have to put glow sticks on my list for Dollar Tree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! I saw those on Pinterest and thought it was neat. Thanks for linking up! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This jar will only last a few hours. To make one that is rechargeable paint dots of glow in the dark paint to the inside of the jar.

    ReplyDelete

Giving Credit

"Teachers make great thieves"...ever heard that quote? It is a very true! Most of our great ideas are "stolen" from someone else. Not all ideas on this blog are mine. I try to give credit where credit is due. However, if you find that an idea should have been given credit but wasn't, please let me know.
Powered by Blogger.