Tuesday, July 19, 2011

FREEBIE---Book Swap in the Classroom

Are you looking for a way to motivate reading in your classroom? Do you have lots of books in your classroom library? Do you need to "clean house" in your classroom library? I've got something just for you.......BOOK SWAP!!! Fill a plastic tub with classroom library books that you are ready to discard and follow the directions in the BOOK SWAP letter.

I did this in my classroom this past school year, and the kids really enjoyed it.   Click HERE for your free copy of the Book Swap letter that I send home!  I have also added a picture of my Book Swap tub. It is a tub I found at Target and my friend, Ashley at The Polka Dot Patch, added the dots and words for me.

2 comments:

  1. I love this idea! Cute bucket too!

    シ Tracey
    Our Cool School

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an AWESOME idea! Thanks so much for sharing!
    =)Beth
    http://inspiredwritingteacher.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Giving Credit

"Teachers make great thieves"...ever heard that quote? It is a very true! Most of our great ideas are "stolen" from someone else. Not all ideas on this blog are mine. I try to give credit where credit is due. However, if you find that an idea should have been given credit but wasn't, please let me know.
Powered by Blogger.