Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Classroom Shopping...Link Party

There is a link party going on at Ladybug's Teacher Files and I thought I would share something I just bought. How many of you are like me and LOVE to incorprate games into your teaching, especially math games, but the noise level can become bothersome?? How many of you feel your neck twitch when you hear dice being rolled on desk tops over and over and over again? Well, I have something to help.....drum roll please.......
RUBBER SHELF LINER
How does this help noise of dice and other game pieces? Students place shelf liner on their desk during game,students roll dice on the rubber shelf liner and it provides a soft, quiet surface. I just cut them into 8x8 pieces and put it with the game supplies. This has been a SANITY SAVER for me!! I got mine for $1 and Dollar General, but I have also seen them at the Dollar Tree.

12 comments:

  1. What a great idea! Thanks for sharing.

    http://dugginsdoodlebugs.blogspot.com

    Kelie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this idea! I will definitely be using it.

    http://misst4th.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely brilliant, thank you so much!! Thanks for joining the linky party! :)
    Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness... why didn't I ever think of this? I love this idea, and yes- my ears hurt when they are using dice, color tiles, and pattern blocks! I am so going to use this one!

    Amy
    http://stepintosecondgrade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea....Looooove it! I just added to my shopping list!
    Tammy
    Live Love Laugh Everyday In Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea! I use foam mats. They are the 12x18 sheets of craft foam. I love how they cut down on the noise!!

    Karen @ A Little Kinder told me so!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the comments! I wish I could take credit for the idea, but I learned about it in a workshop a few years ago. Karen, it is funy you mention foam mats. I was at Dollar Tree today and saw foam mats and I thought "wow, I bet these would work as well, if not better, that rubber shelf linner."

    ReplyDelete
  8. I use these too. Each child has one in their math tool kit. We call them manipulative mats....and the kiddos call them that too. They truly are a sanity saver.

    Shelly
    projectqn@tx.rr.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just FYI- I also found rubber dice (erasers) at the dollar tree. Much less noise with these too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this idea. I made the little foil pans lined with felt and they work great, but I teach high school and hs boys would toss the pan and try to catch the dice...this would fix that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was just looking for an idea for this the other day when we were playing math games with dice - this is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

Giving Credit

"Teachers make great thieves"...ever heard that quote? It is a very true! Most of our great ideas are "stolen" from someone else. Not all ideas on this blog are mine. I try to give credit where credit is due. However, if you find that an idea should have been given credit but wasn't, please let me know.
Powered by Blogger.